The following new features and enhancements were added in the 21.0 release of SmartSlice.
- Custom surface selection tools
- Tools for selecting surfaces with complex curvatures were added and allow users to select specific regions of simple surfaces and to select specific regions of complex surfaces. This greatly expands the scope of surfaces that can be used to apply anchors and loads.
- Improved stability and performance
- Significant updates were made to the SmartSlice cloud infrastructure (the "back-end") that will improve the stability of the SmartSlice solvers and also allow for larger and/or more complex models to be solved successfully due to a doubling of system memory.
- 5 new, tested materials added
- 3DXTECH 3DXMAX® ASA
- Arkema FluorX (Kynar® 826)
- Braskem FL105PP
- Jabil PA 0600
- taulman3D Alloy 910
- Welcome screen
- A welcome screen with links to tutorials and a product tour video appears after logging into SmartSlice. This screen is also available by selecting Extensions > SmartSlice > Welcome.
- Support for "Ultimaker Dark" theme
- Support for Cura version 4.9
- SmartSlice officially supports Ultimaker Cura and Ultimaker Cura Enterprise versions 4.7, 4.8, and 4.9.